Saturday, October 27, 2018

Sometimes the goin' gets tough, when playing the voucher game!



I had had enough of it today, after a social drought due to G being away, so I did what women do - "When the goin' gets tough, the tough go shopping." I still had some credit on a gift card, and I received some vouchers by email for special discounts so I set off to redeem my bargains.


I looked around for a garment which would make a difference to our Europe trip, and still work seasonally now, and found a casual multi-functional khaki top which could work with or without a layer underneath. It takes ages to choose, as you know, but finally I returned to try it on again, and decided to go for it. Then I collected a jeans belt I had selected in order to pay for the two together.


Nothing worked - you had to purchase to the value of $75 in order to get a $20 dollar discount; I had printed off a few vouchers, so thought I was in front. But no. You have to read the copious small print - what it boiled down to was there were a few dull Myer only brands to which this applied, but the top I had chosen was excluded, as were all of the other decent brands. Then because the belt cost less than $75 I didn't get any discount there either. I felt in "Why bother with voucher mode" but since I now wanted the Khaki top, and the belt, and had spent hours choosing them, I bought them at original price.

They got me! All part of the game. But I have to say they won't next time.


Clara


To view or add comment, click on comments at bottom of page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is valued. If you don't have a Google account you can comment as 'anon' by choosing from the dropdown menu.