Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Close-up perspective




Still on the same day........... More to come tomorrow.
About the Rowers!!!!!!










Hi Renotta and other BB friends

Still getting used to the unstructured nature of Blogger where I can't seem to place photos where I want them to be. Hopefully I will get better at it, but technology, wonderful though it is by allowing us Babyboomer women to connect, actually brings me out in a rash.

I adore these unfurling ferns, and the lichen on our native sandstone. If I was still weaving, these photos would provide a fabulous starting point. (I still have my loom - that is the good news - the bad news is that because of the necessity to downsize, it is in storage- perhaps the body corp will allow us to go 'UP').


'Unfurling' is a good starting point or 'emerging' . "Clara is an emerging blogger. She will 'evolve more structure over time." In the meantime, my 'inner dragonfly' is in full flight - changing direction at will.

Babyboomer women, I believe, deserve to indulge this creative part of themselves and to use our time exactly as we feel like, rather than what we feel we 'should' be doing. If we can't do this now, I question when we ever will. I am now 'jealous', not quite the right word; 'protective' of my creative time, is better. Women, have traditionally give away their time, freely, with love, and have received love and satisfaction for this as we are hardwired to nuture our young, just as men are hardwired to propagate the species. We are happy about putting others first. But not quite. Now is our time, my fellow COGS - (Crazy ole Gals)!

Love Clara

2 comments:

  1. clara@babyboomerconnections.com.auFebruary 23, 2010 at 6:53 PM

    I would love you to leave a message

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear C
    You write so beautifully. It's a bit intimidating to attempt a comment, but here goes. Although I did a pretty good job of nurturing, especially these past 23 years, it was not always freely and gladly. Between being a daughter, a wife, a mother of four (we have a lot to catch up on) and a friend to others, I managed to squeeze in my creative endeavors that always included a retail and wholesale business.
    I jealously guarded my time and yes, resented my husband's freedom to walk out the door every morning and happily pursue his career unencumbered by meal planning, cleaning and childcare. I always said I wanted a wife. So that's kind of how I look at my life right now, as though I have a wife. So many of my past tasks have been laid to rest, figuratively and literally. I can walk out the door unencumbered whether it is to go for a walk or photograph objects in the snow or work at my store. There's a wonderful freedom that years of hard work and responsibility has given us. I can honestly say that it is the best time of my life. Sure I look in the mirror and pull up the skin on my face, but that's a small price to pay. My job in this next stage is to enjoy, keep myself and my family healthy, and not waist a precious moment.

    Love

    R

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is valued. If you don't have a Google account you can comment as 'anon' by choosing from the dropdown menu.