Thursday, March 4, 2010

Creating Excitement - and Hogging

Hi All those Babyboomers out there in Cyber Space
R wrote "My husband is getting in on this. I think I'll call it HOGGING. Did I mention he's an industrial psychologist? So he says you do this to yourself because you NEED to hold yourself to a higher standard. It's all about risk, the possibility of failure creating the excitement.
Course he is also half Italian and can remember his grandmother, Flomana Rosana, stringing homemade pasta through their house and not allowing Josephine Rosana Donatelli (his mom)to cook it."


Clara - HOGGING - I love it! I enjoyed your husband's comments - thought provoking - I hadn't thought of it that way ie by taking risks I am creating excitement for myself. Perhaps positive retirement could include more risktaking.

What wonderful lyrical names - Flomana Rosana...... Josephine Rosana Donatelli ......Josephine needs to finish with 'a' - G's Italian is simple; it just includes the 'a' after most words. I can feel a song ........

Speaking of G he has risen to the occasion by offering to cook his famous Roman Spring Lamb (next blog)which will take away some of the pressure (but may lessen the risktaking and excitement.)


'Out of Africa' is simply stunning. It would look great with neutrals.



Welcome to my journey as I photograph something I create everyday for a year... RRT
http://www.shopatnextdoor.com/





Out of Africa...March 3rd

Necklace of Batik Bone and Brass



























To view or add comment, click on comments at bottom of page

1 comment:

  1. Roman Spring Lamb sounds plenty exciting. I would just sit back and enjoy, if I were you. And you are right, it is Josephina.
    Neutrals are the order of the day for tomorrow.
    The title will be Everything Old is New Again. An oversized tunic to be worn with, dare I say it, shoulder pads and leggings. That should give us something to COG about once we stop salivating over your menu and recipes. My poor husband was transported back to Tuscany and a six hour meal he once enjoyed there. I had to hear all about the bread and the wine and the bread and the wine at 7am. After all, man cannot live by bread alone.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is valued. If you don't have a Google account you can comment as 'anon' by choosing from the dropdown menu.